.

Saturday 5 November 2011

five words

clouds

I live by the ocean. Before, I lived in the big city. The tall buildings, the relentless lights, the drone of the machines, the ones we use to move in, the ones we use to facilitate our routines, the ones we use to feed us, to clean us. The constant hum of conversations. The shouts and screeches. The absence of solitude. The imperiousness of the moment. The compulsion of success. I breathed the city, its fabric was me.

That was a long time ago. Now I live by the ocean.


I live by the ocean.
thank you, suzie

----------

please feel free to comment on my five words, be it on something that surprised you, something you missed or something that puzzled you. your feedback would be so interesting to me. perhaps one question to start with: does it bother you that some instalments are longer and others are shorter?

5 comments:

Jenna said...

kristina, i love your writing. wonderful images. i love short, concise pieces as well. i think that when a writer is able to pack so much into a few sentences, that's really when you can see the talent. short fiction will always be a favourite genre of mine. i've been savouring each installment of your five words and look forward to more. :)

kitchu said...

what a beautiful post.

pierre said...

"oui, le ciel est beau..."

Unknown said...

I love this, thank you! It's so funny how a set of words can take on a new narrative - In case you hadn't realised they were the opening words to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17yWeynOfOI

Lucas said...

Loveed reading this thanks

followers

***