.

Thursday 9 September 2010

school



those were the days. see how wonky my fringe was? i think my grandma cut it. i was very proud of my school bag: orange and green with golden cat's eyes as buckles. also very proud of my 'schultüte', a kind of cornucopia given to children on their first day of school, filled with sweets and littles gifts, like pencils and notepads and the like. apart from us having to line up for silly photos in the classroom and outside, nothing much happened on the first day. i was so eager. and terrified. luckily, it all went well.

if i could go to school again - university, or evening classes - i would take up a photography course. and possibly creative writing.

this is a corner view. initiated by jane of spain daily, it gives a peek into different corners of the world. whoever is hosting will post a theme for the coming week. then it's up to us to take up the theme - and to travel round the globe via the other corner viewers. visit jane's for info on current hosts and a full (link) list of participants.

18 comments:

la ninja said...

wow. love these old pics.
I wish I could see those buckles on the bag. the cornucopia idea is great... also a great ice-breaker on day one.

christine said...

sweetie

P R I M O E Z A said...

so cute! and looks like my fringe now ;)

anna said...

What a cute picture! It's never too late...

geneviève bjargardóttir said...

this is beautiful. you were lovely back then as i am sure you are now <3

i like the wonky fringe. it is great. when i was young i had one too. except i refused to brush my hair. i cannot remember why now. i would not touch it with a comb though and it would turn dreadlock-ish. all of it except the fringe, which was normal enough except for its unevenness. i remember it this way when my mother was driving us up the very very steep road and then along the top of the hills to my elementary school in her ancient and decrepit grey vw.

memories... thank you for bringing them :)

Bohème Circus said...

a sweet memory and a cute photo !

MANDY said...

Oh you are too cute, I actually like that hair cut !!!

isabelle said...

you are so cute and this photos is great!!!

Marion said...

Oh my dear K, I love this one, love the outfit and that haircut !!!! Of course !
Bis bald !

Tally said...

Diese alten Einschulungsphotos rühren mich immer sehr.
Dein Blick in die Zukunft ....

Grüße aus Hamburg
Tally

jana said...

oh ist das süss! schultüten sind was tolles.

Unknown said...

very, very cute!
your shoes and the fringe are the best.

Lollipop said...

hihi!
lovely vintage picture!

Conny said...

Oh, it brings back such memories! Thanks for your CV contribution today. :>) I too had a wonky fringe - bangs cut somewhat straight across in many of my school photos. Cheers~

Bárbara said...

u look adorable :)
thanks for sharing the link of daily spain!
you've got a beautiful blog btw!!
xxx

Anonymous said...

What a cute image...I love everything about it..the sunflowers in the back..the little dogs necklace and the ABC and clock on the chalk board..your shiny 'Schultüte' and your whole look ...what a great green of the dress..
but you know what made me really smile..the socks in the sandals...I looked the same : )) and wonder why they did this to us

Anonymous said...

What a cute image...I love everything about it..the sunflowers in the back..the little dogs necklace and the ABC and clock on the chalk board..your shiny 'Schultüte' and your whole look ...what a great green of the dress..
but you know what made me really smile..the socks in the sandals...I looked the same : )) and wonder why they did this to us

Anonymous said...

I love your vintage post Kristina !!! You looked nice, I think my fringe was the same as yours ; )

followers

***